Recipe: Reduced-fat passion-lime cheesecake
- 100g reduced-fat margarine spread
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons custard powder
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime rind
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 220g extra-light cream cheese, softened
- 400g fresh reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 passionfruit, halved
- Preheat oven to 160°C/140°C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 22cm (base) round springform pan. Line base and side with baking paper.
- Using a wooden spoon, combine spread, sugar, flour and custard powder in a bowl. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth. Press mixture evenly over base of pan. Prick with a fork. Bake for 25 minutes or until light golden. Set aside to cool for 30 minutes.
- Make filling: Process lime rind, lime juice, cream cheese, ricotta, sugar and eggs together until smooth. Pour mixture over base. Drizzle over passionfruit pulp. Bake for 35 minutes or until just set. Cool for 2 hours in oven with door ajar. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight, if time permits. Serve.
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)