Recipe: Rice Noodles With Sweet-Chilli Meatballs
- 800g pork mince
- 2-3cm piece ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tbs (1/4 cup) gluten-free sweet chilli sauce,plus extra to serve
- 3 tbs (1/4 cup) finely chopped coriander leaves
- 200g thin rice stick noodles (vermicelli)
- 1/2 telegraph cucumber, thickly sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a baking tray. Use your hands to mix pork, ginger, garlic, 1 tbs sweet chilli sauce and half the coriander in a bowl. Roll into walnut-sized balls then bake on the tray for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Place remaining sauce in a bowl. Use tongs to dip meatballs in sauce to coat, then return to oven for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to packet instructions. Drain and refresh in cold water. Combine cucumber, onion and mint.
- Divide noodles among bowls. Serve topped with meatballs and cucumber mix, with extra sauce to drizzle if desired.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)