Recipe: Roast lemon chicken
- 2 lemons, rind finely grated, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rosemary leaves, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 chicken Marylands
- 3 zucchini, halved lengthwise, quartered
- 2 large parsnips, peeled, quartered
- 1 large red capsicum, deseeded, sliced
- 2 red onions, peeled, cut into wedges
- 400g chat potatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 210°C. Combine lemon rind, juice, oil, rosemary and garlic in a large bowl. Add chicken and turn to coat.
- Combine vegetables in a roasting pan. Place chicken on top. Spoon over remaining oil mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast chicken and vegetables for 40 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate and cover. Roast vegetables further 10 minutes.
- Place chicken and vegetables on plates. Spoon over pan juices. Serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)