Recipe: Rockmelon & smoked chicken salad
- 1 1/2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbs white balsamic vinegar
- 2 smoked chicken breast fillets, shredded
- 80g baby rocket leaves
- 50g (1/3 cup) slivered almonds, toasted
- 800g rockmelon, peeled, seeded
- 120g goats cheese, crumbled
- Whisk the oil and vinegar in small bowl until well combined.
- Place the chicken, rocket and almonds in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over half the dressing. Toss gently to combine.
- Thinly slice the rockmelon and divide among serving dishes. Top with the chicken mixt
ure and goats cheese. Drizzle over the remaining dressing.
- Serves 4 as a starter.
- More ideas: Fill halved, seeded rockmelon with fruit sorbet. Freeze until firm then cut into wedges.
- For an Italian starter, wrap prosciutto strips around chunks of rockmelon and serve with sliced bocconcini.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)