Recipe: Salada de arroz
- 400g (2 cups) long-grain rice
- 1.125L (4 1/2 cups) chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 4 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 4 shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Combine the rice, stock, tomato paste and oregano in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 12 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside to cool.
- Stir in the tomato, shallot, parsley and oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- To peel your tomatoes, cut a cross in the base of each tomato and immerse them in boiling water for 25 seconds, or until the skin loosens. Transfer to a bowl of ice-cold water then peel.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)