Recipe: Spanish prawns with spicy lentils
- 1 tbs olive oil 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 chorizo sausage, chopped
- 1 tbs harissa
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 x 400g cans brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 220g jar roasted red capsicums, drained, sliced
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock or water
- 500g peeled green prawns (tails intact)
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Crusty bread and mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and chorizo, and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until the onion softens and the chorizo starts to crisp.
- Stir in harissa and cook for a further minute. Add tomatoes, lentils, capsicum and stock, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes until the mixture has thickened slightly.
- Season the prawns with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, then add to the pan. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the prawns are just cooked through.
- Stir in the parsley, then serve with crusty bread and a mixed salad.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)