Recipe: Spiced chicken with herb cream
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 1 tbs sweet paprika
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1/4-1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 12 (about 1.1kg) chicken drumettes
- 125g (1/2 cup) sour cream
- 130g (1/2 cup) Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 1/2 tbs chopped fresh mint
- 1 1/2 tbs chopped fresh coriander
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Olive oil, to grease
- Combine the honey, oil, cumin, paprika, sumac and chilli in a glass or ceramic dish. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour or overnight to marinate.
- Combine the sour cream, yoghurt, mint, coriander and garlic in a small bowl. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line 2 baking trays with foil and brush with oil to grease. Divide the chicken between the trays. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn the chicken and reduce temperature to 200°C. Bake for a further 15 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Transfer to a serving platter. Serve with the herb cream.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)