Recipe: Swordfish steaks with mango guacamole
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (pimenton)
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 x 220g swordfish steaks
- 2 tbs olive oil
- White corn chips (gluten-free), to serve
- 2 ripe avocados, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 mango, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long green chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lime juice
- For the guacamole, place avocado, mango, onion, garlic, chilli, coriander and lime juice in a bowl. Season with sea salt and pepper, then toss to combine.
- Set aside. Combine the spices with some salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. Coat the fish in the spice mixture, then shake off excess.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat. Cook fish, in batches if necessary, for 2 minutes each side or until lightly browned but still pink in the middle.
- Serve the swordfish with the mango guacamole and corn chips on the side.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)