Recipe: Thai beef & rice noodle stir-fry with snow peas
- 200g dried rice noodles
- 350g lean beef stir-fry strips
- 2 tbs gluten-free sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbs sunflower oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp finely grated ginger
- 200g snow peas, trimmed
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed, thickly sliced
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 1/2 cup Thai basil leaves
- Cook the noodles according to packet instructions. Drain well, then set aside. Meanwhile, place beef and 1 tablespoon chilli sauce in a bowl and toss to coat.
- Heat oil in a wok or large frypan over high heat. In 2 batches, stir-fry beef, garlic and ginger for 1 minute or until beef is browned.
- Remove from the pan, then set aside. Wipe the pan clean, then return to medium-high heat.
- Add snow peas, spring onion and 2 tablespoons water and stir-fry for 1 minute or until peas are just tender. Return beef mixture to pan with any juices.
- Add the noodles, fish sauce, lime juice and remaining sweet chilli sauce and stir-fry for a further 1 minute or until heated through.
- Stir in the basil leaves, then divide among bowls and serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: brunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)