Recipe: Thai chicken & corn chowder
- 2 potatoes, peeled, cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 2 fresh corn cobs, kernels removed with a small sharp knife
- 1 tbs sunflower oil
- 2 tbs gluten-free green curry paste
- 2 chicken breast fillets, cut into thin strips
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup (125ml) chicken stock
- Zest and juice of 1 large lime
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 tsp fish sauce (or to taste)
- Sliced chilli, Thai basil (see note) and coriander leaves, to serve
- Steam the chopped potato and corn kernels over a saucepan of boiling salted water for about 3 minutes or until the potato is just tender.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Stir in the chicken, coconut milk, stock, lime zest and juice, and the kaffir lime leaves and simmer for 2-3 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Add the potato and corn and cook for 1-2 minutes. Season with fish sauce to taste.
- Ladle the chowder into warm bowls and serve scattered with the sliced chilli, basil and coriander leaves.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: USA (General)